Student Health Information
I work for the City of Calgary, as a Community Social Worker at the Village Square Community Hub. Our team of community social workers are located in priority neighbourhoods across the city. Our role to work with residents and other community stakeholders to identify social issues and neighbourhood-based solutions. We work with residents to increasing their capacity to identify gaps, harvest local resources and skills, and lead and contribute to neighbourhood projects, groups, and initiatives.
Knowing that you may have many families reaching out to you for guidance with navigating resources and finding safe things to do in the community, I wanted to let you know that we can be reached to help out. I have listed the information for all of the Community Social Workers throughout the northeast below. Please feel free to connect with us, or pass along our information to your families. Many of us also having e-newsletters, so if you would like to be included in receiving that information, please send along an email.
Village Square Community Hub (Rundle, Whitehorn, Temple, & Pineridge)
North of McKnight Community Hub & Martindale
Jenna Pothier, RSW
Community Social Worker
The City of Calgary
C (403) 826-2380 | Mail code: #150
2623 56 Street NE | Calgary, AB T1Y 5J1
The following links are new resources for supporting students with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Supporting Students with Type 1 Diabetes
- Guidelines for Supporting Students with Type 1 Diabetes in Schools
- April Healthy Schools Calendar; April Healthy TeensBreakfast Club Newslette
- Wellness Links; Videos on Depression and Anxiety
- Healthy Relationships and Conflict Resolution
- CAAMHPP (Child and Adolescent Addiction, Mental Health and Psychiatry Program). The following information has been provided by AHS Youth Substance Use and Mental Health Services. They offer an “Empowering Parents in Choice” group that will change from meeting Wednesday nights to meeting Thursday nights beginning Nov 1, 2018.
- How to access our services; EPIC Handout; Continuum of Services